09 May 2012

It's here! It's here!


My passport is finally here!  The congressman's office made all the difference, I believe, and I am optimistic that even though I still need to take Ginger by the vet's office, and store the vehicle, and call all the airlines to be sure the flights have room for a dog, and make sure nothing else goes wrong, I should be able to leave by Thursday


EDIT:   You know how I said "nothing else goes wrong"? I should have known better.

I was able to get tickets booked for Thursday. Unfortunately, a lot of things have gone wrong in the interim. I dropped the Corolla off for storage, but I couldn't rent a car. I couldn't get Ginger to the vet in time to get her health certificate signed off on by close of business today. And it turns out they booked the wrong flight anyway, I wouldn't have been able to take her.

So, I am carless in Baltimore for the time being. Going to call SATO again tomorrow and ensure that they can get me on the direct (dog-friendly!) flight out of Dulles next Thursday, and try to travel as little as possible in the meantime. We are probably not going to get reimbursed for my month in a hotel, and we're not even sure if we're getting BAH between when Alec left and when I get there.

But in any case, nothing's to be done about it now except try to move forward! (After a short intermission for crying).

This is easily the worst experience I've ever had (not)-traveling. Love, support, prayers, hugs, all appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment