28 April 2012

All the Fuss

When we first found out we would in fact be going to Okinawa for this tour, I was so excited! In a theoretical kind of way.

Over the course of the last 6 months, though, the more people asked me "Aren't you so excited?" the less and less excited I became. I don't know if it was repeating the same thing over and over -- "Yes, sort of; I'll be a lot happier when I get there. Right now it's just kind of stressful." -- or if it was the sheer span of time spent waiting; but eventually it was almost time to go and, well frankly I didn't feel ready.

Sure, we were physically prepared -- utilities set to turn off, bags packed, stuff shipped, dog signed off on, tickets reserved -- but when I found out I wasn't going to get to leave on the same flight as Alec, ... I won't say I was relieved, but it didn't much change how I already felt.

Now, though, now that he has been there over a week it's finally started to seem real. Getting a car, looking at apartments, contemplating a phone. It's sinking in. I am finally ready to go! Unfortunately now I still have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment