24 April 2012

Creeping Along

So, I'm glad that I called the passport office again today. I got to put in ANOTHER application this afternoon. I really want to be angry at the guy; but considering that he is doing the job of 3 people right now, and has been since February, I mostly just feel sympathy for him. (Mostly.) When people are overworked they make mistakes; and he has been quick to fix them when they arise, and willing to work with me even to the point of letting me have my documents shipped to his home address to be sure he got them!

This shouldn't delay anything, really. I should still be flying out May 4. Assuming nothing ELSE goes wrong. Knock on wood. (No seriously, knock on wood: maybe if enough people are doing it, it will be like Tinkerbell coming back to life. Only this time the fairy is a giant government bureaucracy).

In other news, this is from the blog's statistics page (among lots of other items):

Pageviews by Countries
United States
60
Japan    
8
Germany
1
France   
1

 Pageviews by Browsers
Internet Explorer
  (40%)
Firefox
 (30%)
Chrome
 (20%)
Safari   
(7%)
Mobile Safari
(2%)






I have to say I am excited about the readership - although I don't know who I know in Germany - but I am disappointed that so many of you are using Internet Explorer. So sad. Do yourselves a favor and go download Chrome or Firefox right now. (Safari people, you have amnesty because I will probably be getting an iPhone soon, against my better judgment!)

I haven't been able to convince Alec to make a post yet - I count it as a victory that he figured out how to send me a picture email from his iPhone - but from what I understand today (Wednesday, Japan time) he is going to be buying our car! I hope he picks something good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment