22 April 2012

The Deal with the Delay

So everyone is aware of what's going on with Alec's flight, and with me:

We woke up at 3 today for a 6 a.m. flight out of Baltimore, but when Alec
checked in he found out that SATO had reserved but did not pay for the
tickets flying out this morning, and they would not deal with us outside of
business hours, even through their 24-hr. emergency line, so he called them
to try and fly out later that morning on a flight from Baltimore. Unfortunately it
messed up things with Ginger because of the way they have to reserve space
for her; so while we ate breakfast we decided she should go out with me
since I'm not in such a crunch!

They finally got in touch with us around 8, and could only put him on a
direct flight to Tokyo out of Dulles at noon today (which was quite a drive!)
Fortunately that actually got him to Tokyo and customs sooner than
originally planned. But he arrived on Okinawa at the same time,
on the same flight as before, landing Friday afternoon local time.

At least knowing all the intricate details, now, of how things can get
screwed up at what points and by whom, I will be able to make sure my own
ticket is all paid for (and they know I am bringing Ginger) once I get my
passport, contact MARDET and SATO, and get confirmation of my flight at
some point in the hopefully-near future. I put in a new expedited application Friday morning.

He did manage to get an iPhone (they are the thing to get there, apparently, because they have good internet plans!) And he set up a mailing address. It should only take as much shipping as a standard US address, but will of course take longer to get to us. 

Pourteau, Alec
PSC 557 Box 205
FPO AP 96379 - 205

I will keep you posted as developments, er, develop.
Love,
Rav

No comments:

Post a Comment